Wednesday, 9 May 2007

Positive!

Although blogging is not new to me but this is my very first blog. It is actually dedicated to the fact that my wife and I are pregnant. I would like to document the progress of our baby or Project B as we refer to the whole experience.

Yes!!!! After 3 years of trying we are finally there. Well, it is still at an early stage now because we had only tested positive last week. So fingers crossed for us ya?!

I noticed that wives have many forums for them to discuss all kinds of matters including pregnancy so I figured Husbands do require an outlet as well right? Hence this blog! Plus I do not think a bunch of guys sitting down and discussing pregnancies are the manliest thing to do.

Through the 9 months of pregnancy I hope to give an insight into the world of pregnancy for all fathers-to-be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Any secret to share abt how u got the positive after trying for 3 years? Thanks.

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi there,

During the 3 years that we were trying, we have tried everything (well almost) that we can think of.

We went to a few Western Gynaes and even Chinese Sensei at Thong Chai Hospital.

We tried western medicine and chinese herbal soups.

I have never considered myself to be a religious person but at the end of the day I believe that baby is really God's gift. We can try all we want but if it's not time then there is nothing we can do.

If you have exhausted all options you may want to consider IVF. Although I was told that these days IVF is not viewed as last resort anymore. There are some young couples who tried unsuccessfully for a year ended up going for it as well.

Having said that, even IVF is in God's hands. Although there are mainly successful ones, there are also some that are not as lucky.

I wish you all the best!

Keep reading ya?!