Thursday, 29 January 2009

Anxious

It has been more than a week and the Mrs is still required to go back to Mt E on an alternate day basis for her CTG (Cardiotocography). In case you think that having been through Isaac’s birth and now the twins I have learned some medical terms I like to clarify that I Googled it. For those of you who have not been through it, basically it is designed to monitor the twins’ heartbeat and contractions.

Based on what we have observed so far the Mrs is indeed having contractions or surges as our HypnoBirthing trainer would have us called it, and sometimes they can be pretty intense. However they are not regular enough to cause any alarm but according to Dr N we are getting there.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the Mrs is not too good at telling the difference between the actual contractions and the movement of the twins. Because her stomach is so stretched she feels just as uncomfortable whenever the twins move in her. She can of course tell when they kick or punch her.

Dr N did a vaginal examination on the Mrs today and found that she is actually about 2 to 3 cm dilated. He would like for us to wait as long as possible hence the close monitoring. We are scheduled to go back for the CTG on Sat and then again on Monday.

We are also scheduled to go for another growth scan on Monday and it will tell us if the blood flow is still going to the twins fine. Tentatively we are booked for LSCS (Lower Segment Caesarean Section – Googled too!!) on 3rd Feb next Tuesday in case the flow to the twins are not as healthy as we hope it to be.

Now there is this confusion between the Mrs and I. I thought that if according to the growth scan everything is good then we will continue to play the waiting game for a further week. Dr N will deliver the babies once they have reached 36 weeks (following Monday). But the way the Mrs interprets it is we will have them delivered no matter what on the 3rd. Guess we will keep you all in suspense a little further until we confirm with him when we next see him.

To be honest all this waiting can be a little unnerving for the both of us. Perhaps a little more so for the Mrs. On one hand she is so uncomfortable that she would like them out now but on the other hand we want them to take their time since it is better to fatten them up a little more first. Sometimes we secretly wish for Dr N to say ‘Okay my dear, this is it we can’t risk waiting anymore. Let’s have the babies out today.” but we feel rather anxious at the same time.

Is everything ready? More important, are we ready? Imagine all the night feeding only times two!!! I believe that once they are out it will be nightmarish for the next 2 years! If only we can click and fast forward to 2 years later. Then again it is the current me talking like this now because I’m sure the future me will be blogging about what an experience it is to watch the 2 of them achieving their many firsts.

Those of you who have been following this blog since day one will probably remember that I posted 3 pictures of the Mrs’s tummy around the 7th month. Click here to see. I believed I even inspired a reader to do the same on her blog. Now, sticking to the true tradition of this blog we have prepared for you the picture of the Mrs’s tummy at the current advance stage.

How? Does she look like she is carrying twins and about to pop?

Now on the lighter side of things, the following conversations happened during our previous visit to Dr N’s clinic.

Mrs: I need to go to the toilet.

Mrs: Oh! Better to go to the clinic first since I have to collect the dip stick.

Me: Oh ya! By the way why do they still make you pee on the dip stick? To test what? That you’re pregnant? I mean it is obvious isn’t it?!

Mrs: Of course not lah! Duh?!?!?! It’s to test protein, glucose amongst other things!

A few minutes later.

Mrs (giggling): Wah! Finding it very hard to do this nowadays because stomach so big cannot see where to put the dip stick anymore.

Me: Easy mah. Just stick it in like this (proceed to mimic).

Mrs: You think so easy ah!?! Imagine you have to pee on the dip stick blindfolded how?

Me: Like this lor! (pretend as if I’m holding the dip stick and swing from left to right)

Mrs: Sigh………

Stay tuned ya?! I have a feeling we will all get to see pictures of the twins in the next post.

30 comments:

Anna said...

What a lovely post and great to hear it all from the Dad's perspective. I am so glad you did a hypnobirthing course, time and again I hear of fantastic stories from relaxed Mum's (and Dad's!) having great child births. Have a look at hypnosis for birth for more stories from the Dad's. Good luck!

WaveSurfer said...

All the best ahead! Keep us posted. ^^

no man's land said...

this is so cool! i share your excitement too! =)

Angie said...

i am anxious to see your next post!!

wishing your wife a smooth and safe delivery!

Anonymous said...

Heya.. the conversation so funny. i can imagine u WAVING the dip stick showing the MRS how u do it man... funny

can't wait for the next post... ;)

Anonymous said...

I am definitely staying tune to ur next post. Hope Mrs has a smooth delivery and wow....her tummy looks big on her...the photo has make me miss my baby inside me. hee hee...

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Anna,

I am wondering how did you stumbled upon my blog.

Thanks for dropping by anyway and I hope to see you around in the future.

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi WaveSurfer,

Thanks ya! Will surely keep you all posted so stay tuned.

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Roanne,

Thanks although I am not so sure about it being cool! Hahahaha

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Angie,

We are all anxious for my next post since it is very likely that the twins would have been out by then.

Hopefully I will not be kept too busy to update the blog.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Cecilia,

I guess you can enjoy the conversation better when you are not in it. Just ask the Mrs and she'll probably tell you I'll be the death of her. Hee hee

Hopefully I will not be too tied up to update this blog.

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for camping here for our good news but like I was telling the other readers I hope I will not make you all wait too long for the next post. I imagine myself to be pretty busy for the coming week if not weeks.

Be careful with what you say because the last time the Mrs said she miss being pregnant we have the twins. I guess this feeling is something that is exclusive to mummies only.

Cheers

Nicole said...

I'm sure you and your mrs are very anxious now. I sure would, if it's me. I'll probably don't dare to go anywhere and camp at home, just in case...I'm not freaking you out in case you think so...hahaha!

A reader who also took photos of her tummy?? Are you referring to me?? Cause I remembered you and I were comparing notes on how flat your mrs and my tummies were, instead of how big it were. Haha..

Imagine, your mrs are now carrying for the second round..how times flies. :)

Lastly, gong xi fa cai! Hope that the twins will be of very good weight. ;)

Aces Family said...

hi Dylan,

First of all : 新年快乐。

May Mrs has a smooth delivery to the twins...(牛郎织女)haha...

cheers,
astee

angelia said...

Hi Dylan,

It must have been tiring for your mrs with that big tummy. May your wife have a smooth delivery :) God bless. Remember the other time you mention that your mrs is working in a cardic surgeon's clinic. Can you let me have the name of the surgeon? Thanks.

The Bimbo said...

YAY! I'm waiting impatiently for the good news! So Luke will be his name? :)

Unknown said...

Hi, this is my 1st time to your blog! Interesting perspective from a husband's point of view! Will be back... and hoping to read about your good news soon! Congrats in advance!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Nicole,

Yes we are indeed very anxious now and a little bit worried. However the Mrs is still keen on going out because she feels that once the twins are out then chances are we will not be going out for a long while.

I was indeed referring to you when I said a reader took pictures of her tummy and posted it too. There were many similarities between you and the Mrs then huh?!

Ya, how time flies!?!?! We have caught up and actually overtaken you in terms of number of children!!

Happy New Year to you too!!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Astee,

Happy New Year to you too!!

Many thanks!!

Will keep you posted!!

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Angelia,

According to the Mrs, it is very tiring to carry the twins around since they are at a combined weight of over 4KG now.

The Mrs is not comfortable revealing who her boss is and where she works (sorry) here in this blog but if you can PM me then maybe we can see what we can do to help.

Cheers

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Bobo,

We are all waiting impatiently but none more so than the Mrs. A little more about that in my next post.

Tentatively it sure looks like Luke will be his name. You voted for it too?

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Jerb,

Welcome to my humble blog and thanks for leaving your comment and well wishes here.

Do come back again cause I'm sure the good news will be announced soon.

See you around!!

F A I T H said...

Hi Dylan

I can really understand how your Mrs feel. The pix you posted reminded me of how much I wanted my girls to be "out" when I was in my last trimester. Then again, I bet your Mrs (and perhaps yourself) will agree with me later on (when the twins arrive) that she'd rather they remained "within". Hahaha!!! Sorry for being so "evil" but I think you know what I mean. Kekeke...

But I am looking forward to "meeting" your bundle! In fact, I'm feeling a little excited already. Please do share any updates soon!

God bless!
Faith

Nicole said...

Yes, your mrs and I did have quite alot of similarities back then.

And yes, indeed, you've overtook me on the number of kids, but I'm not going to compete with you hor. Two is more than enough for me, thank you very much.

I'll staying tune for your next post. To see your brand new princess and prince. :)

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Faith,

I am pretty sure I know what you are saying. I think in a few months time we will probably want them back in. Hahahaha

Thanks for sharing our excitement. I will keep you all posted. Probably earlier than you expect!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Nicole,

It wasn't really a competition. I know you are very happy with your girls already.

I will be posting never seen before pictures of them real soon!

Stayed tuned!!

no man's land said...

Dylan!

Are the twins here yet? I've been waiting and waiting and logging back into your blog every so often throughout a day. Just a quick note and one or two photos of them will do for the time being if they've arrived. I'm sure you're very busy. *keke* But the suspense is quite terrible to bear.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dylan,

Yes, am too, anxiously waiting and 'camping' here with the rest of ur readers on the impending arrival of your twins!

JIA YOU, Dylan's Mrs!!!

JS.
P.S. Oh, dun neglect little Isaac Kor Kor ya!!!!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Roanne,

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting in suspense. I was busy and didn't want to just do an announcement with pictures.

But your comment gave me the kick and I dropped everything and did the post.

Hope it was worth the wait!

Thanks and take care!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for camping here and being patient. While you posted the comment I was actually busy coming up with an update.

Rest assured that we will not neglect Isaac and about him being the kor kor, I have something to blog about that.

Stay tuned ya?!