Thursday, 18 February 2010

Twins' 1st Birthday

It's official! I'm considered old and it is not because of the New Year or this being my year (Tiger). There was a recent study done and it has been found that the younger generation's interest in blogging and twittering has dropped over the years. These days they are more into "micro-blogging" like status updating on Facebook. The reason I took so long to blog was because I was struggling within if I should continue to blog and be deemed as "Out" and "so 2006" or should I remain with the "In" crowd and only update my FB status. In the end I decided to remain true to my age.

Seriously, with the Twins' birthday celebration, the Chinese New Year as well as work, we have been really busy. Furthermore I had to wait for about 2 weeks to receive the thumb stick with all the photographs from the photographer that we engaged, no thanks to the air show where he had to do some work there. This is the real reason why it took me so long to have this post up.

Speaking of Photographers, blogging does have its advantages. Take you all for example, amongst you readers there are already a couple of you who are in the photography business. The few that I had contacted and considered were also very kind to offer me discounts. Maybe you appreciate the financial strain in having to raise 3 kids through reading my blog. In the end due to the clash of schedules we were not able to engage the one that we wanted but this reader was very nice to recommend her associate to us.

Just like Isaac's birthday we kept this party to a small group of friends and families only. As a matter of fact the people that we invited are probably more or less the same. Another similarity with Isaac's party is that the theme is also ice cream but instead of Ben & Jerry's we held it this time at Swensen's @ ION. Since we were celebrating 2 birthdays we figured we could not offer only a single scope of ice cream to our guests. We need an ice cream buffet for them!

Typically being the hosts we did not have much opportunity to truly enjoy the ice cream buffet. We were busy going around mingling and making sure that our guests were comfortable and enjoying themselves. I only managed one round of ice cream and only 2 scoops at that. I believe I will try and go back for a proper experience. Besides the many flavours, there were also many different kinds of toppings as well as fondues, waffle and many other ways of having your ice cream.

We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all those who made it to celebrate this joyous occasion with us. Below are just a handful of the pictures that were taken on that day. For the rest of it you know where to find them. Guess I'm not so "Out" after all huh?!

Meet the birthday girl!


Meet the birthday boy!


Meet the big brother!


Meet the family!


The Cake!


These were the souvenirs that we gave to all our guests on that day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
What were they exactly?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
M&M's chocolates printed with the twins' faces!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

These were the wordings that we chose to be printed on the M&M's.


Picture of Luke printed on the M&M's!


Picture of Hayley printed on the M&M's!


Don't they look good enough to eat?

12 comments:

The Chronicler said...

Congrats!!! Wow! It's a great milestone to reach - 1 year old! Woohooo!!! I can't wait for my twins to be 1! hahaha... well... 10 and a half months more for me to go... :p

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Pam,

Considering the problem the Mrs had when carrying the twins, to see them turn one is indeed a major milestone for us.

Can't imagine we were so close to losing them both.

When yours reach one you will face a different set of problems by then. Mine are now climbing up and down the bed and sofa so really need to keep a close watch on them both.

Trina said...

congrats on the twins' 1st birthday! somehow on such occasions all the hard work in raising them seem immaterial right? :) Hayley is growing to be such a pretty gal too! Any tips on growing her hair? my gal's already 10 mths n her hair is still v whispy.. cant even hold a hair clip.

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Trina,

Thanks! Ya seeing them grow healthily and happily makes all the "sufferings" and "sacrifices" seem all worth it.

About hair growing I think we need tips ourselves. Hayley is not doing much better than your girl. She has very thin and fine hair even now when she's one.

Nicole said...

What a beautiful family! I can just see how happy you guys look.

Isaac's bruise is very obvious, and I know he must have fall or something. Looks quite painful indeed.

You won't to able to tell just how much hayley resemble the mrs, just like I cant see the resemblance whenever ppl comment that claire looks like me and cleo, looking like her daddy. Haha... their appeaances changes so fast, it really doesn't matter.

Oh ya, been meaning to tell you, you should probably moderate your comments. Been noticing that you have been getting spams, just like my blogshop. :(

Happy new year to you and your lovely family!

Lionel n Rachel said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Luke & Hayley. Wow...both of u hv grown so much. Seems like yesterday when i js saw your birth fotos..hehe :P

A beautiful family picture u hv there,Dylan.

Congrats!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Nicole,

We actually got blamed by people due to his bruised eye. Isaac is so popular at the neighbourhood plaza that people will questioned what happed to him. Being his parents I guess we do have to shoulder the blame.

I agree that with the constant changes they go through we are really not too bothered who they look like more.

I had been busy deleting the spam comments and now have added the word verification function which I hope will remove the problem. If that fails as well then I will look into moderation.

Happy New Year to you and your family too!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for your well wishes for the twins! They have grown quite a bit and very quickly too! I know I have not been too diligent in posting their photos but I will work on it.

See you around!

Jo said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your twins!

I've been reading your blog for over 2 years now and feel that I totally relate to you.
My eldest son is 1 day older than Isaac. And guess wat? I have a pair of twins too (identical) who would be turning 1 in Sep.
Taking all 3 kids out is like a big excursion.

Anyway, looking forward to more regular blogs. :)

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Jo,

Sorry for the extremely late reply!

Thanks for your well wishes and also for following this humble blog. Nice to know that you have been following for such a long time. I do hope that you leave your comments more often.

Do you have a blog of your own? The Mrs and I are really interested in meeting up with parents with 3 or more kids so we can learn from you guys how you cope with them. So far whenever we go out with friends we are always the one with the biggest entourage so it will be nice and different to go out with people who truly understand what we are going through.

Take care and good luck!

keira said...

Hi..I'll b celebrating my gal's 1st birthday soon.the photo's of ur children's 1st birthday r beautifully taken..if u don't mind can share the photographer's contact..is it expensive?
Thk you so much!

A Husband's Voice said...

Hi Keira,

I got a good deal through the referral from one of my readers so I'm not sure if he will extend it to you.

I would suggest you let him know I referred you so hopefully he will extend the same offer.

Can you email me and I will give you his name and contact?

Cheers